Monday, August 6, 2012

Can Opener

Never in my life have I owned a decent can opener....

We have for 5 years, struggled with a crappy can opener, yet we have never gone and bought a proper one.  Actually, I did buy Elwic one for our anniversary this year.... go on... laugh..... it was a whole $5 from Kmart, and it broke on his first try... (this was his only anniversary present by the way)


Some of you may speculate that we are at fault with our opening style, but this is not the case..


The opener does not grip properly, and slips all over the place.... I end up with major indents in my fingers from gripping the basterd so tight..... I then call Elwic in to help me, who proclaims that he has had a hard day, and he cannot cope with the opener tonight.....  (its like dealing with a tantruming child)

Tonight I really wanted tin fruit......

This was the end result.....  It took 2 of us, a fair amount of cursing, stabbing the tin, and me telling the halved apricots in juice that they should feel pretty flattered that I have gone to so much effort to eat them....
Elwic told me that I have to go out to the shop tomorrow and spend $50 on a new opener... he can't cope anymore...








Can opener.... you can go to hell......

2 comments:

  1. We too have dealt with shitty can openers. The hubs finally went out and bought a decent one. I have to say, I'M IN LOVE! Clamping down every centimeter to cut the can rather than turning the handle was not what the manufacturer had intended, I am sure. It certainly wasn't what I had intended when we bought the damn things. Yes, I love our new can opener.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I am not the only one that struggles with the stupid things. Im happy to say we are now in possession of a fabulous opener that causes us no trouble. I was very close to buying an electric one at does it for you......

      Delete