Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Self control

Its hard to loose weight when you looooooove food.... and when it constantly nags at you to be eaten, its so easy to give in... but over this last week I have realised how much of a mind game weight loss really is.

Its incredible actually.  I find myself having conversations in my head (no im not crazy) about how much I want it and then entertaining the thoughts of how good its going to taste, and that I dont actually just want it, I NEED it.  Its after this that I usually give in to a peice of cake, or chips or anything else that I have in my pantry. So the simple solution is to not entertain those thoughts..... hmmmm not so easy...

Last night for example... I had my dinner and I was clearly full with what I had eaten... and straight away I was craving something sweet, which is my ultimate weakness... but instead of thinking about how much I needed something sweet, I just got busy doing other stuff, and eventually went to bed completely forgetting that I was wanting something sweet.

Im also not really a beleiver in not buying things so that you dont eat them....... becasue that is not practicing self control at all... thats just having no other option... and I feel as soon as I go somewhere that these foods are available, I will indulge, as I have had to implement no self control at home....

Anyho..... a rainy day here, and my Mums birthday, so I had better get myself off and ready

No comments:

Post a Comment