Thursday, July 14, 2011

A breath of fresh air!

Harry and I had a lovely morning today. We met my friend Karena, and her kids Meika and Ezekiel at the Eurobodalla botanical gardens, and went mini bush walking.... (as much as you can with a baby in a pram), and then had coffee at the coffee shop while the kids ate an iceblock.  It was really lovely.
This morning I was starting to feel sorry for myself that I have nothing to do here in Batemans Bay, but after a walk and a play and a breath of fresh air, I snapped out of my sulk and got some perspective. 
FIND something to do Amelia.   So thats exactly what I am going to do.  My first project is to buy an old, solid wood bookshelf for Harry's room, sand it down and get new handles and paint it.. ....
Im quite excited for my little challenge.  I have never done something like this before, and I figure if it turns out to be a mess I can always go and buy him a nice one, but I will at least try my hand at it first.

Elwic will be working 6 days a week, 10 hours a day for a month or two now, as he has a lot of work on, and some leave hours to catch up on, so I will be spending a considerable amount of time by myself, and I cant just stalk people on Facebook all day.....

I am still working really hard on getting Harry to self settle... Its proving to be harder than I thought, and those tears, and sobs tug my heart strings and I give in sometimes.... I know thats not constructive to what I am trying to acheive, but we as Mums dont always need to play the tough love card all the time right?......... sigh......
So I press on towards the goal, and hope that soon enough he will be back to his dream baby- sleeping self!

I think I need a gin..!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment