Sunday, July 17, 2011

Thinking back

Im having a day of weakness, where I am longing to be back around the people I know and love, the place I know and love and my surroundings that I am familiar and comfortable with....
I know that many times in the past I have looked back at things and thought.... "I wish I had have done this, and wish I had have done that".... But I sit here and think about when we lived in New Zealand, and I can say that I truely enjoyed and appreciated most things that it has to offer and the people that I spent time with. 
I miss New Zealand....

I was born in Australia, so technically that makes me and Australian.... but my heart is for NZ.  I love the people, I love the culture.. I love how everything is so close, I love the coast lines, I love the nature.......I really love everything about it. 
Elwic and I went to the beach today for lunch, and sat on the grass and had a picnic.  As we were looking out he said.. "Babe, I dont think we will ever move away from here"... secretly my heart sunk.. Although I do love Batemans Bay and yes it really is beautiful, I was actually picturing that we were on Waiheke Island and that we were just going to get back on the Ferry and go home to our acreage in Karaka with big trees, flash houses and perfectly manicured gardens...... 
On the other hand, I love our life now.  I would not change it for a moment.  I am really enjoying where we live and the lifestyle that we have. The freedom to do what we like.  The amazing oportunities that we have, the beautiful house that we live in, and the bogan westies car we drive.lol
We have met some fantastic people who are so much fun to hang out with and have also found a great church family to be a part of.

Both sides of the ditch have so much to offer, they are both fantastic places.  I just had a homesick day today, but thats ok too.  Im allowed to have those moments.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment