Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Getting back into routine

After our lovely South African holiday, I am desperately trying to get our lives back into routine.... 
Routine has become my comfort since moving to Australia.  With having no family, and still making friends, we cant reply on anyone else but ourselves.  If we want time out, we need to do it with or around Harrison sleep times.... so routine is important for me.

While we were on holiday, Harry slept in the room with us the whole time, and as he was sick and teething, this meant that when he cried (which was a lot) we were there to pick him up and comfort him, which was great at the time, but has led to a clingy, baby that will no longer self settle. 
So my goal for the next few weeks is to get him to fall asleep without being in our arms... It has proven to be a challenge, and so far he will fall asleep in his cot as long as I have one hand on him.  Its a start.
I hope to move to standing in the room, and then back to just putting him down and walking out. 
He slept a full night last night, and woke up at 4 am, and back down at 4.30 so there is definately improvement from waking every few hours and screaming.

I also need to get my exercise back into routine.  Its hard when its soooooo bitterly cold outside.. The heat pump and my fleecy blanket on the couch is just too tempting.  I went for a walk into town yesterday which was nice, and just ran a few errands.. so I will do that again today.

I have a friend Nic that is coming round for lunch today.... Im looking forward to the company!!!

Missing my S.A family now. 
A.

1 comment:

  1. How was your holiday? Did Harrison manage the flights ok?

    Good luck getting back into exercise - its so hard when its cold and miserable outside!

    ReplyDelete