Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Reflection Thursday

Its Thursday today, which is study and do assignments day.  It has been so far so good, with one lot of homework down, and an assignment completed.
I have found that I do a lot of reflecting when Im at home, on my own, and its quiet.  Sometimes its a good thing, sometimes its a time waster when I could be doing more productive things like cooking a meal, or getting an assignment done.
But today Im in a reflection mood.  A lady that I have been talking to regularly on a forum I write on has a lot of children (9 and 1 on the way) and a terminally sick husband, I really NEVER EVER have anything truely worthy of complaining about.  Yes now I know everyone has their own struggles, and you can never really compare apples with pears, but today I feel so strongly that I should often take a step back and re-look at what I have in my life, and how fortunate I am.
I am so blessed to have the life I live, and I am going to try  my best to appreciate it more than I do.

I know...... super deep, but hey... I did say I was in a reflection mood.

On a much lighter and more superficial note, I am taking Harry to a birthday party this afternoon after day care (not sure how well thats going to go down)... and its a pirate party.  It should be cute!
Im sure there will be a major melt down at some stage due to the lack of sleep, junk food and overstimulation from a really long day.

Thinking of my beautiful sister lots this week as she has started a new job.......

xx

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your very kind comments on my blog! Did you know my little Matthew and Luke and brother or sister-on-the-way are little Kiwis? John's dad was born in NZ during the war, and came over with his Mom when he was a year. Lots of family there still, obviously, and we are often trying to figure a way out to go visit! (They mostly live in Wellington) Best of luck with your classes!!!! Good for you.

    Oh! Those sweet curls on your little boy are PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!
    Warmly!!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it must be the kiwi blood that makes him so gorgeous!!!!!!! (Luke that is)
    New Zealand is beautiful, and well worth the visit.

    We are currently living in Australia, but we are moving back this year, and I'm so excited!
    I love your blog, it's so raw and honest, and I can't wait to watch the progress on your new addition...

    When he has his first hair cut, all those gorgeous curls were cut off, but thankfully as it grows out a bit, it seems he may get them back and have wavy hair!! Curls are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete