Monday, April 23, 2012

Busy Busy

This week has been busy.  Where to start.
The last time I blogged was last Sunday, so since then we have been sending out C.Vs like mad, emailing companies about vacancies, and making plans to move back to New Zealand. 
On Wednesday I spent the day running around, doing food shopping and getting the house sorted as we had a guest arrive from South Africa.  A good friend of mine and E.  She is here until the 25th.
Thanks to mother nature (not) its been miserable and raining, so instead of being out and about and showing her the beautiful coast of NSW, we have been inside, eating outrageous amounts of junk food, watching movies, chatting and catching up on 4 years of lost time, and playing with Harry.
On Friday our guest announced that she wanted to get a tatoo, so after a lazy lunch of pancakes, stewed fruit and a mountain of icecream, we headed over to the tatoo parlour (one in which I checked out previously and has a really good reputation).
It was the first time I had stepped into a tattoo parlour, it had rock music playing, smelt like boys, and had 2 machines buzzing away on shirtless men.......
The guy who served us said that he could draw something up straight away, and so we agreed, and decided to do it then and there.   HOW EXCITING!....... This really made me want a tattoo, although I wont be getting one soon, as I want to have something that means something special to me... special enough to have it on my body, somewhere visable for the rest of my life, and I cant for the life of me think of that thing yet, so for now, I watch.
Our friend was so brave, and nervous!....... She didnt even wince with the pain.  We both were amazed at the tattoo artists work.  He was maticulous ( just how you would want them)... and walked out pretty happy!!......
Now the Mr depserately wants one, and has been surfing the net for a font he likes to get our sons name on his arm. 

The rest of the week has been lovely, lazy and fun.  Im enjoying her company so much.  I dont want her to leave!

She is meant to be flying out of Canberra airport on Wednesday, but our luck had it, that there is a major landslip on the only road going that way, and any other route would require driving dirt roads and would take approximately 3 hours extra, so we are heading to Sydney instead and she will fly out from there!

I went to uni today.  We had accounting and guess what?.... I GOT IT!!!! Woo hoo....

So Im on a happy high, and a sugar high (from the massive block of chocolate we polished off tonight) woops!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment